ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Registered Members:-
If you are having difficulty logging in, contact Administration    ozopenletter-1@hotmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nuclear Energy  (Read 1344 times)

iapetus_rocks

• Active
Re: Nuclear Energy
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 08:09:14 PM »

"The fact is, when fossil fuels have been depleted there will be no alternative but to use nuclear energy generation."

This is just wrong. it's wrong. it's a mistaken belief and it's wrong. how many times do I have to say this?

There are many other alternative technologies. it's just that they often involve an energy source which cannot be mined and sold for profits and so the industrialists aren't interested. but they still exist. they exist and they could be developed so that oil and uranium are not needed at all to generate electricity.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 08:09:28 PM »

You think my simple math are fictitious?

Do the research yourself it isn't dificult
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 08:12:43 PM »

Name some of these alternatives, I would be most interested Rocks

It is not enough to say that there are alternatives you have to quantify the alternatives

I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

iapetus_rocks

• Active
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »

Alternatives?

Ok, there's geothermal, there's wind turbines, there's solar powered cells, there's even the energy harnessed from the sea; tidal energy. Tides never sleep, even at night, so tidal electricity generation would provide baseload, and Morocco is using mirrors to concentrate solar energy as heat to melt sodium which is then used to power steam driven turbines after dark. and there are more i am sure. i just named the few I could think of without going down the research road and wasting my time posting information which no one is interested in considering or reading.

Cheers

• Sage
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 08:23:15 PM »

Yes there are risks associated with nuclear energy generation just as there are risks with motor vehicle transport an in fact every means of transport. the casualties in that area by far outnumber those of nuclear accidents.

Could this possibly have anything to do with the fact that there are far more people using vehicle transport than there are Nuclear energy?

The fact is, when fossil fuels have been depleted there will be no alternative but to use nuclear energy generation.

Well, that's a bit alarmist, isn't it?

No alternative? You know what technologies will be created in the future, or that are already in production at DARPA for example? Christ, where in the hell do you get your crystal ball serviced? They do a better job than my service centre.

If Australia does not
develop its nuclear capability then we will become the future middle east and have 'democracy' imposed un us as it is being enforced in the middle eastern countries

Is that fact or your opinion?

Frownie do some basic math, you are for ever quoting intangible and non quantifiable mantra, get some credibility and support what you say with fact:)

I gotta say, a bit of quantifiable, supported fact in this post wouldn't go astray either.
"Some people go their whole lives without ever really living for a minute."

iapetus_rocks

• Active
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 01:16:45 AM »

The way the price of a barrel of oil is dropping lately, it's not going to be cost-effective to build nuclear power plants.

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 08:53:40 AM »

I have no problem with nuclear energy sources. There are many nuclear power stations around the world.

This is another thing the left really love to bash, I wonder where Helen Caldicott is these days?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 24 queries.