ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This site was born on 31 March 2011.  Reactivated on 23 September 2015 Hit Counter reset to 0  ~~With your help it will grow into something worthwhile.~~

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 4704 times)

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
Re: Hi
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 12:38:58 PM »

g'day to all the Ozos. ive heard so much about this forum. thanks for having me

off to have a look around
Make yourself at home Ibis, You brought your dry humour with you no doubt :)
I have fond memories of some of your quips on the eBay sandpit and there were always enough to treat you to a holiday, well here there are no holidays to be had, not the absence of a report button :)
It will be interesting to see if what you have heard about this place is real or a mere fabrication od very vivid negative imaginations :)

Stake your claim to a hunk of floor, there are soapboxes scattered all around the place so grab one and call it your own.
Just a bit of info that you may not have heard, we don't stand too much on ceremony, political correctness has no meaning here, we all love a bit of humour, banter is the order of the day, after you have had a look around feel free to start a thread on any subject or join in any subject that takes your fancy.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

sam

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 12:43:20 PM »

Welcome Ibis, good to have you here  O0

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 12:45:30 PM »

Ibeeee!

Welcome!
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Cheers

• Sage
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 12:47:11 PM »

G'day Ibis! Welcome
"Some people go their whole lives without ever really living for a minute."

sam

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »

I believe if it's done soon enough, a knocked out tooth can be restored by putting it back in the socket, wrap in foil and splint to the one next to it.

Might be an old wive's tale, but I learned somewhere that if you knock your tooth out to put it in a glass of milk and then get to the dentist post haste and he can put it back in.

I've heard the same.  The best thing is to put it back in its socket.  If its dirty to wash it in milk and if for some reason cant be put back, keep it in milk and see a dentist asap.  It needs to be kept moist and water is too harsh...or something like that.

ibis

• Active
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 12:57:23 PM »

thanks for the welcome :D
i am so sorry to hear about monman, wish i hadnt read that :-[

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 01:00:52 PM »

When it happens to someone you know, it reminds you of your own mortality :(
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 01:02:44 PM »

I somehow think that John would approve of his tribute here.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2016, 01:32:52 PM »

here you go Ibis I found a nice avi for you :)
Spread your wings and SOAR :)

sam

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 01:47:12 PM »

thanks for the welcome :D
i am so sorry to hear about monman, wish i hadnt read that :-[

Yeah, was a shock  :(

Cheers

• Sage
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »

When it happens to someone you know, it reminds you of your own mortality :(

Mortality is a good thing though - it's always good to know that there is a finish line somewhere. Being aware encourages you to set goals for yourself, challenge yourself etc and entices you to actually have a go at them rather than just think "maybe one day".

I always remember the quote (author unknown) that "some people go their whole lives without ever actually living for a minute."

I reckon that's what it's all about for me - making memories. At least that way when you're sitting in your rocking chair on the front porch one day, you've at least got a lot of wonderful things to reflect on.

ibis

• Active
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 01:51:50 PM »

thanks poddy. im sure somewhere down the line i will figure out how to do an avi.
when i do i will use that pic. i like it

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 01:57:50 PM »

I'll trim it and make it square and the right size and send it to you in a PM you should have it in a short while

Cheers

• Sage
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2016, 02:14:37 PM »

thanks poddy. im sure somewhere down the line i will figure out how to do an avi.
when i do i will use that pic. i like it

I have no idea if you're in the market for one, Ibis, but saw this a few years ago and thought "That'd make a great girlfriend for Ibis" Now every time I see these, i think of you LOL (in a non creepy kinda way)

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2016, 02:15:56 PM »

Here you go Ibis I have cropped and resizes the image and it is in the attachment just copy that to your computer and then go to your profile an upload it as your avatar :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 22 queries.