ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This site was born on 31 March 2011.  Reactivated on 23 September 2015 Hit Counter reset to 0  ~~With your help it will grow into something worthwhile.~~

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Haaalllooooo  (Read 6069 times)

Cheers

• Sage
Re: Haaalllooooo
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »

yep, no better here. Water looks really murky too. Not even tempted to dip my toes in this morning. Waiting to hear what the water is like at the Spit, hoping to get out somewhere today. Not much wind here atm but a lot of cloud cover. Not really great beach weather, but there are quite a few down there anyway. Probably a bit early, but the BBQs all seem to be vacant atm, so no families planning a day at the beach anyhow. Lots of people walking around the streets with the cafes though. I guess that's Sunday for you.
"Some people go their whole lives without ever really living for a minute."

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 05:40:39 PM »

Hey Ibis...!

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 05:49:36 PM »

I guess you would get a few enquiring looks if you picked up one like this

I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2016, 08:18:11 PM »

hahaaaa yep, Podds.

Once you get em home and slice em up it's ok

;D ;D

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »

Since I got a Nutri Bullet I never have to throw out fruit past its use by date, especially strawberries pears and bananas. I dice then up and freee then and use them for fruit smoothies.
I also freeze pumpkin and I can roast it whenever I want. Anybody ever noticed that pumpkin doesn't last a week now?
They pick it all year round and you're supposed to pick it after the first frost and it will last for months.

I know all this because my bil is an expert farmer and good at everything else too. We call him the legend.

He taught me to water ski when I was a girl, he taught me to play the guitar, drive big wheat trucks, shoot a shotgun, sew, crochet and cook. My Sister was so lucky to have him and his sons have turned out just like him.

Cheers

• Sage
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 09:00:42 AM »

I know all this because my bil is an expert farmer and good at everything else too. We call him the legend.

Well then, can you ask him why my Raspberry plants never got fruit?

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 09:04:33 AM »

Will do cheers, he grows the best strawberries I've ever tasted. He's the one I get the beautiful honey from too, did I mention he  keeps bees too.

Funny thing but last year his fruit trees failed to fruit.and that's never happened to him before.

He's the one who told me about the bee waggle dance.

Cheers

• Sage
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 09:24:30 AM »

My fruit trees take year about (it seems). Last year for example, we had more mangoes than the entire neighbourhood could use, this year, I don't think we got 10 or 12 the whole year. But the passionfruit vine has gone off like a frog in a sock this year, and they are still coming and even the neighbours are sick of 'em! The guy up the road (an avid gardener) has had no passionfruit this year - go figure.

Raspberries, I know we don't have an ideal climate here, but I have bought them from 5 or 6 sources including local nursery and a gardener in the same climate. Still no raspberries though :( . The ones that were just sticks when we got them did get leaves, but still no fruit.

We have strawberries, but I don't eat them, so NFI if they taste alright or not LOL, but no one has complained, so they can't be too bad.

No bees nest here, but I did set fire to a wasp nest the other week... Nasty blighters, was cutting the hedge and they complained - pfft - fixed their little red wagon. They attacked the Oh a few weeks earlier and he went out and spent a King's ransome on waspy stuff from bunnings, so when they were still there the other week, I let the red heads deal with them for the cost 20c and a rolled up newspaper.

ibis

• Active
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2016, 10:20:56 AM »

good morning OZOS  :)....LOL at the cucumbers

have a great day

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 10:43:16 AM »

Those little paper wasps are bad news, they like to build their nest under palm fronds and when you brush past out they come.

ibis

• Active
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 09:11:59 AM »

good morning OZOs

hope everyone has a great day  8)

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2016, 09:37:46 AM »

Morning Ibis, I'm running behind this morning but my day is shaping up to be great.
I'm off to the mall to shop, or to really to blow all the David Jones gift cards before they expire.

I don't even have anything in mind, I wish they sold Louboutin's. I saw a great pair of sneakers but they were mens.
Anyway I have a pair of Caterpillar sneakers, I could break someones shin with those.

Have a goodie all ozo'z.

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2016, 10:14:29 AM »

G'day  :)

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 12:03:52 PM »

Hey Ibis!

re changing your username:

How about "Mooseknuckles"?

O0

ibis

• Active
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 02:29:37 PM »

hi icy
i think there was a poster on CS called "big Mooseknuckles"
    LOL that would be a good one  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.