ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Registered Members:-
If you are having difficulty logging in, contact Administration    ozopenletter-1@hotmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Barred for life  (Read 554 times)

lightningdance

• Sage
Barred for life
« on: October 31, 2016, 10:38:45 AM »

The edict that Kevin Rudd put into place is now going to the parliament for ratification.
That being: illegal boat people will be barred for life for ever gaining citizenship and permanent residence in Australia.

Although I feel this is very harsh, what are the alternatives when millions of people, mostly African economic refugees are pouring into France, Italy, Greece and other countries hoping to get to Germany and permanent resident status.

This is not the normal migration of people fleeing wars although there are many in that category from the Middle East and should be granted asylum until their countries are stabilized.

So is our policy harsh? to stop the millions of people coming here if we relax our laws.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
Re: Barred for life
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »

Anyone entering the county in an illegal fashion could be classed an invader and should be treated accordingly.
Under different circumstances they could be executed on sight, which has happened and could happen in the future.
This country is our home and home invaders take the risk of meeting with drastic actions.

I, am in fact a refugee a legal, one that has fought and bled for this country  ;D

Seven years of my life were spent in a refugee camp under the harshest conditions imaginable. There was no medicine, there was only the most basic shelter, no electricity, food was very scarce and a lot of people including children died from malnutrition.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 05:46:51 PM »

When a govt (such as this one) returns to it's own vomit and raises 2 things.. Border Security and Welfare fraud you know they have no ideas and time is running out for them . Look at union -bashing , they rant and talk of little else at times and the public remains largely unmoved. The RC yielded Abbott no discernible result , as public surveys revealed support for unions was stronger after after the failed assault.
The ABCC will simply be de-funded and abolished when they lose office so why not do something of use instead ? that wouldn't occur to these dolts now would it ?

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 07:41:16 AM »

I haven't been following the news much, but it certainly seems an escalation on border security. Is it just sabre-rattling, a perceived deterrent to those who'd bribe officials and people smugglers to get in where they'd normally be refused entry?

I get that they need to stop people arriving by boats to stop illegal entry attempts.

But surely, if they're genuine refugees they need to be given refuge?

How then to sort the genuine refugees from the economic refugees?

Detention camps and endless legal appeals are costing us millions and millions.

The buck has to stop somewhere.

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 01:49:23 AM »

there seems to be lots of 'bucks' spent in places like Indonesia, invaders should be reunited with their 'bucks' :)
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 10:00:18 AM »

There's over 30 thousand illegal immigrants that Labor put in the community because there was no room left in any detention centre in Australia. That is one of the reasons Rudd announced this policy.

This is a disaster of magnitud never before seen of govt. failure. Now anytime the present gov want to do anything they are the bad guys. Typical leftist actions, blame the blameless and hope the useful idiots swallow it.

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 10:01:05 AM »

Anyone entering the county in an illegal fashion could be classed an invader and should be treated accordingly.
Under different circumstances they could be executed on sight, which has happened and could happen in the future.
This country is our home and home invaders take the risk of meeting with drastic actions.

I, am in fact a refugee a legal, one that has fought and bled for this country  ;D

Seven years of my life were spent in a refugee camp under the harshest conditions imaginable. There was no medicine, there was only the most basic shelter, no electricity, food was very scarce and a lot of people including children died from malnutrition.

Thank you for your service Poddy.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 07:49:11 PM »

LD, I would repeat that action at anytime if the need arose.

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 08:37:56 AM »

You're a good man Poddy. 

Have you noticed that all the pollies of the left  in this country have just discovered the millions of Australian people don't give a rats about illegal immigrants, same sex marriage, safe schools, global warming, education revolutions and pink batts follies and all the other fringe topics that have obsessed the Labor party for years.

They are now going to look after the workers who are struggling. They scoffed and preened at Turnbulls "Jobs and growth" mantra, said it was stupid, but Turnbull got it right, if the economy is flagging so is the jobs and growth of our country.

Shorten is transparent in his aping of the US election that saw Pres Trump turn to the millions of middle and lower class whites who had been ignored for years.

I wonder what his next mantra will be, Global Warming or closing down more coal fired power stations and celebrating it while the 600 from the Hazelmere station are thrown on the scrap heap.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 11:36:57 AM »

It would seem that the person the world dismissed as a clown has grabbed the world by the balls and is, even now, applying pressure :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.