ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This site was born on 31 March 2011.  Reactivated on 23 September 2015 Hit Counter reset to 0  ~~With your help it will grow into something worthwhile.~~

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The madness that is Christmas  (Read 500 times)

lightningdance

• Sage
The madness that is Christmas
« on: December 03, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »

I will be glad when it's over, the money spent is not so much the problem but the shopping? oi! voy!

The weather is hot and humid, threats of golf sized hailstones, Christmas in Australia, wouldn't like to be anywhere else.  :)

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
Re: The madness that is Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 11:57:30 AM »

I am told that Alaska is nice at Christmas   ;D................if you are a penguin or a polar bear
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:45:11 PM »

It's become just a big festival for retailers and manufacturers of plastic crap.

What I like about it is that (most) families do find it important to be together at this time.
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 08:22:12 AM »

I go a bit overboard at Christmas, when the price doesn't seem to matter.

I like the cooking part of Christmas, the roast duck, the poached figs, the plum pudding. I'm a traditionalist, no seafood platters for us, maybe a coronation trifle too.

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 01:40:29 PM »

Hubs and I are invited to my Nephew's. He usually does a baked ham.
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 08:09:40 AM »

We prefer to stay home, we used to go away every Christmas  to Port Stevens or Forster but it's too nasty on the roads and anyway it's better to go after Christmas. Just because it's Christmas we don't have to force ourselves to travel. My sister is visiting with her OH this week. I'm still looking out for my friend whose husband is in last stage cancer, he will not make Christmas this year, so sad, it makes me want to cry.

That vile excuse for a human being figlet said that I'm making it up, using the sick friend excuse. God help us all if the earth was overpopulated with people like her. No empathy, nothing, a shell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.