ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Registered Members:-
If you are having difficulty logging in, contact Administration    ozopenletter-1@hotmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The 2018 Federal Budget  (Read 97 times)

Icyfroth

• Mentat
The 2018 Federal Budget
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:05:56 AM »

There's $530-a-year in tax relief for average workers and billions for baby boomers - but nothing at all for first home buyers or dole recipients.
Treasurer Scott Morrison has handed down his third Federal Budget and there are millions of winners and losers plus several shock decisions.   
The biggest winners are the 10 million Australians earning $90,000-a-year or less. Most will be getting a lump sum of several hundred dollars later this year.
An average worker can expect the equivalent of $10.20 a week to be tipped into their bank accounts once they have completed their tax returns.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/its-their-money-they-should-keep-it-dollar530-a-year-in-tax-cuts-for-10-million-australian-workers-billions-of-dollars-for-baby-boomers-and-a-transport-splurge-but-nothing-for-first-home-buyers/ar-AAwVUhO?ocid=spartanntp

I fall into the category of baby boomers and wage earner of under $90,000, and I like the transport splurge. But I can't see them paying down the trillion $$$ of foreign debt anytime soon. I think that's the main worry of most Australians.
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
Re: The 2018 Federal Budget
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 05:29:22 PM »

And once again we, the age pensioner, get SFA. Could it be that they are trying to kill us off?
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 08:13:42 PM »

Did they say on the news tonight there would be a freeze on foreign aid?
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 01:27:03 AM »

Could be that Turnbull is following The Donald's lead, which is not a bad thing :)
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.