ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This site was born on 31 March 2011.  Reactivated on 23 September 2015 Hit Counter reset to 0  ~~With your help it will grow into something worthwhile.~~

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Global warming in a nutshell?  (Read 8165 times)

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
Global warming in a nutshell?
« on: July 28, 2015, 10:58:59 PM »

I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
Re: Global warming in a nutshell?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »

Welcome to Global Warming.
For the first time since I have been in this area, around 20 years, I was greeted with this.

Please create more CO2

I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

janeababe

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 04:03:05 PM »

Looks absolutely beautiful Poddy.

We had snow a few weeks back. We sometimes get snow here (Central West NSW), but we had BIG SNOW fall twice in 8 days.....
It was beautiful.
Taken from my loungeroom window, my front garden.   :)

The last pic, it was blowing and blowing....

Be Kind To Nurses.
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You!

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 04:11:16 PM »

It's all this Global Warming they keep yapping about that is the cause

joz

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »

yeah.. it showed right up to QLD too. that's never happened before?! please don't be alarmed

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 09:49:24 PM »

The Ice Age is coming, The Ice Age is coming, The Ice Age is coming

janeababe

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »

yeah.. it showed right up to QLD too. that's never happened before?! please don't be alarmed

AHHHHHHHHHH  HHAAAAAAA!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I now know who you are...    WOOHOO....  finally. LOL

... and you're right, we have always been friends. 
 :-* :-*
Be Kind To Nurses.
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You!

joz

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 05:24:06 PM »

Shorten, another typo  ::), that must have gave me away :tanti:

shyte gets filtered huh? blimey moses

joz

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 05:27:04 PM »

or was it the crack about denialists  ???  ;D

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 05:05:02 PM »

Snow in odd places and shortly after 2pm on monday, Melbourne hit 32.8 degrees, making it the hottest maximum temperature at this time of year since records began
But it didn't end there. The temperature in the city went on to peak at 34.4 degrees just after 4.30pm, according to the Bureau of Meteorology.

unseasonable heat and snow .. more to look forward to as well . Climate seems to be changing ?

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »

Snow in odd places and shortly after 2pm on monday, Melbourne hit 32.8 degrees, making it the hottest maximum temperature at this time of year since records began
But it didn't end there. The temperature in the city went on to peak at 34.4 degrees just after 4.30pm, according to the Bureau of Meteorology.

unseasonable heat and snow .. more to look forward to as well . Climate seems to be changing ?

I think that climate change is definitely accelerating and I think it's due to human activity on the planet.

Deniers like to laugh at the global warming theory, but I don't think the extreme temperatures and freak weather conditions are necessarily attributable to the temperature of the globe.

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 05:19:22 PM »

there is little doubt left . i try and avoid the terms denier and alarmist as they are used for the purposes of political agenda (one that involves shifting as much coal as possible before it reaches it's use-by date (which was around 1970 )  :)

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 05:40:34 PM »

But FL the climate has ALWAYS changed and it always will.

By the way do you REALLY think a tax will alter the weather??

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »

Hi poddy , ''a tax wont change the weather '' is probably on the face of it a true statement . But if you look at the problem from a strategic point of view and ask "will a tax change behavior ?" and the answer ''yes'' is more than likely correct also.
Direct action involves gifting power producers tax , the government pays them to lower emissions and the money comes from our pockets .Call me a  leftie but i really think they should pay to pollute as we do under the current arrangements . 

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »

FL historic and conclusive evidence has shown that a tax on a commodity has little or no effect on its use, example, in my living memory the tax on tobacco and booze has skyrocketed by a factor or 20 times. Did it modify its usage, Nup.
Petroleum is another candidate

Carbon credits trading was/is a scheme devised to sell what? OH that is right NOTHING, good trick if you can get the gullible to swallow it
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.