ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This site was born on 31 March 2011.  Reactivated on 23 September 2015 Hit Counter reset to 0  ~~With your help it will grow into something worthwhile.~~

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Global warming in a nutshell?  (Read 8166 times)

Laxadanto

• Very Active
Re: Global warming in a nutshell?
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2016, 06:16:11 PM »

Rent seekers is the only description that fits. Sorry if your don't like it.

It only fits if you can prove that's what they are, and so far you haven't shown us any evidence to back up your claim.
 It may be that the number of those with a vested interest in accepting man made climate change is as great as or greater than those with a vested interest in rejecting it; but, given the  percentages, even if the 'rent seeking' accepters outnumbered the  deniers by a factor of 2, 5, or even 10 to 1 they would still represent a very tiny percentage of climate scientists.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2016, 06:27:54 PM »

Politics aside, the "97% of scientists" and the people who are responsible for concocting that number and those who are responsible for etching that fictitious figure into the unaware and ill informed populace have a lot to answer for.
As do the gullible public who eagerly swallow anything that is fed to them.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Laxadanto

• Very Active
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2016, 07:08:27 PM »

Politics aside, the "97% of scientists" and the people who are responsible for concocting that number and those who are responsible for etching that fictitious figure into the unaware and ill informed populace have a lot to answer for.
As do the gullible public who eagerly swallow anything that is fed to them.

Then go for it Poddy. Enlighten us. We await with baited breath  your analytical dissection of Powell's survey and your well researched evidence as to why he is wrong and you are right.

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »

Offs, lifes too short to trawl through this subject again and again and again. Move on and just be grateful our country is doing something.

iapetus_rocks

• Active
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2016, 01:30:14 AM »

Who needs scientists ?

It's an obvious observation that if a person pours rubbish into their own back yard, then that back yard is not going to be so enjoyable to walk around in.

Even if there is no proof that Industry pollutes our environment, we should still take care to minimize any potential risk of pollution.

It's too late to do this after the fact.

Think globally; act locally.

People who act to make private money by degrading the public environment are approaching the level of war criminals.

and as far as I am concerned, they should be apprehended by the outraged and oppressed public and taught some hard lessons.

their actions are violent towards us. they destroy our landscape and they pollute our air and our water supply.

and we put up with it. meekly. why? and for how much longer?

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2016, 09:22:03 AM »

agree with above
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Frownland

• Sage
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.