ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Registered Members:-
If you are having difficulty logging in, contact Administration    ozopenletter-1@hotmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Global warming in a nutshell?  (Read 7816 times)

Punchy

• Active
Re: Global warming in a nutshell?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 06:55:30 PM »

I agree with poddy, the climate has always changed. I believe we are having an effect on it, but I'm not convinced its as catastrophic an effect as people would like us to believe. And I don't think a tax on businesses will stop them polluting, they'll just jack up the price of the end product so we pay for it and keep on doing what they're doing.

A couple of things I'd like to see happen is less mass produced throwaway stuff that ends up in landfill (phones, tvs, computers, toys etc) they should make things to last like they used to. But I doubt we'll ever see that again, we're conditioned to want the newest and the best now :( I also wish they'd stop bulldozing forests, that can never be a good thing.

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 07:06:16 PM »

Thing is that you pay the tax anyway. Direct action pays polluters taxpayer dollars . It is a carbon tax except we pay it . I prefer the idea of polluters paying all politics aside. I didn't receive any reductions after the repeal of the CT, nor the $550 i was promised.
The CT repeal is a net loss for australian households when you consider the money now comes out of general revenue (loss) and prices haven't gone down.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 07:16:08 PM »

The emphasis on the changes in the climate is limited to a tiny slice in the history of the planet. If a much larger slice is examined it will be seen that there have been catastrophic  changes in the climate without mankind having any influence on those changes.
The myriad of factors that control the climate system are complex and variable, there is no computer model that takes all those factors into account. For instance the largest by far greenhouse gas is water vapour the proportion of which is 98% of all greenhouse gasses but that is somehow left out of the computer model, because it does not suit the agenda of creating a non existant threat that we have to be saved from by parting with our cash and liberties
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 07:19:25 PM »

I'll agree to disagree .  :) 

Punchy

• Active
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 07:23:15 PM »

The emphasis on the changes in the climate is limited to a tiny slice in the history of the planet

Exactly! The hottest/coldest/wettest day ever recorded doesn't mean much when we've only been recording for a little over a century.

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »

Looks absolutely beautiful Poddy.

We had snow a few weeks back. We sometimes get snow here (Central West NSW), but we had BIG SNOW fall twice in 8 days.....
It was beautiful.
Taken from my loungeroom window, my front garden.   :)

The last pic, it was blowing and blowing....

is that around Orange?

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 09:19:01 AM »

The worst of the newest polluting items is: wet wipes and coffee pods. It's massive and uncontrollable, the damage it is doing is huge. Wet wipes don't disintegrate and pods take year and years to degrade and millions of them are being used every day.

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 09:21:20 AM »

The worst of the newest polluting items is: wet wipes and coffee pods. It's massive and uncontrollable, the damage it is doing is huge. Wet wipes don't disintegrate and pods take year and years to degrade and millions of them are being used every day.

It's astonishing the amount of waste  and pollution we're creating.
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 09:42:24 AM »

It's astonishing the amount of waste  and pollution we're creating.

and that's just the stuff we can see

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 10:07:59 AM »

and it's escalating.

Cheers

• Sage
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 10:36:27 AM »

Well, it's not warming up in this neck of the woods. I'm still wearing my winter PJs and have to sleep wearing socks!
"Some people go their whole lives without ever really living for a minute."

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 10:43:53 AM »

Here in Sydney it's cooled down a lot too in the low 20s today.

As compared to a Tuesday was up to 35.

It's not so much about the globe can't be warming because the weather's colder, it's about the temperature extremes in short spaces of time.

OMG now wer'e talking about the weather :-[  ;D

Cheers

• Sage
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »

OMG now wer'e talking about the weather :-[  ;D

Now we'll be accused of being a stringer.
"Some people go their whole lives without ever really living for a minute."

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2015, 09:23:20 AM »

The weather gets hyped every day, records quoted and pictures of a lone tree fallen. Frankly I'm sick of it.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 01:20:05 PM »

The whole issue was the brainchild of financiers and  government bodies to sell a nonexistent commodity to the gullible using fear tactics.
That ploy has been used constantly, it is a tried and true method, the mafia have been using it for centuries. 
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 22 queries.