ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Registered Members:-
If you are having difficulty logging in, contact Administration    ozopenletter-1@hotmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Global warming in a nutshell?  (Read 7815 times)

Frownland

• Sage
Re: Global warming in a nutshell?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »

Poddy in light of your post i wonder if you can explain why big energy conglomerates fund bodies that deny climate change ? There seems to be something wrong there. Especially in light of virtual scientific consensus on the matter . The only holdouts are those payed by entities like the koch brothers to do so.
I think a con is being attempted as you say .. the only problem is you have it in reverse  :)

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2015, 05:58:31 PM »

The great global warming religion :-<

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2015, 06:04:47 PM »

I would really like to see some concrete evidence that people who do not swallow the global warming scan are being paid to be skeptical

The IPCC have been exposed as cooking the book on many occasions.
And if you are referring to the 97% concensus then I suggest that you research where that figure came from. 97% concensus on ANITHING is unheard of.
The whole deal is a monumental con fed to the general gullible populace by the money movers trading in mega dollars worth of an intangible commodity called carbon credits.

By the way why was the title Global Warming changed to Climate Change? Oh that's right the globe is not warming and the climate is forever changing and has done since time immemorial.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2015, 06:08:31 PM »

Furthermore since the globe is not warming, what do you attribute the Climate Change to?
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »

The great global warming religion :-<

i'm not the slightest bit religious . 

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2015, 06:27:03 PM »

Then how do you explain the masses of gullible people putting their faith, on mere say-so, into an intangible myth without and concrete evidence?

If it looks like a religion, acts like a religion, walks like a religion, then surely it is a religion :)

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2015, 06:30:30 PM »

Furthermore since the globe is not warming, what do you attribute the Climate Change to?

2001 to 2010 was the warmest decade ever recorded.  If you cherry-pick the charts by only publishing the last 15 years it doesn't look too dire , if you use the full chart then the trend is clear.
I'ts a pity this issue was engineered by some to be a political one, that creates a situation whereby people will stick with ''the team'' rather than examining the issue as an individual.

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2015, 06:36:51 PM »

Then how do you explain the masses of gullible people putting their faith, on mere say-so, into an intangible myth without and concrete evidence?

If it looks like a religion, acts like a religion, walks like a religion, then surely it is a religion :)

where did this happen ? it's not what i hear and see poddy.
 best i exit the thread , you guys are entitled to the views you hold as am i .

rabbitearbandicoot

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2015, 08:17:37 PM »

where did this happen ? it's not what i hear and see poddy.
 best i exit the thread , you guys are entitled to the views you hold as am i .

just why I haven't commented on this.

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2015, 08:26:43 PM »

Podds Podds Podds. How does religion come into this? People see what industry is doing to the environment. They want to live in an environment that won't harm them or the system that provides their means of survival. They don't want to see it destroyed by rampant profiteering.
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2015, 09:41:27 AM »

There's nothing we can do to change the weather pattern of a whole planet. Man is not going to do it and nothing else I can see is going to do it but we can tidy up our planet but it won't affect the climate one jot.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »

Podds Podds Podds. How does religion come into this? People see what industry is doing to the environment. They want to live in an environment that won't harm them or the system that provides their means of survival. They don't want to see it destroyed by rampant profiteering.

A very fine upstanding sentiment Icy, However it is up to the individual combat the spiraling pollution of our planet.
Humanity as a whole has to resist and sever the symbiotic relationship with manufacturers. Humanity has to get some smarts and cur through the bullcrap that is thrown at it constantly.
Here is a tiny example of the problem.
The constant changing face if say the iPhone. the latest model is much the same as the previous model and the model before it
It makes telephone calls and runs apps and the other features that are available, so what has changed it make it essential to get the new model.
quite a simple answer really, peer pressure and the swallowing  of the hype that it will make you happy and put you amongst the elite. The past models become landfill. this system is depleting the planet of resources and causing pollution.

Now apply that system to just about anything and THAT is the problem.

By the way it does not raise the temperature if the planet.

So the simple answer is become more aware and less gullible.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2015, 06:54:17 PM »

Here is an interesting talk given by the Noble Laureate

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »

''

How do I feel about some person like that doing the usual encyclical? It’s what put me off broadcasting them as I used to.

Now all of the people who are deniers have been on the programs that my colleagues and I put out. We did so because most of us frankly like and enjoy contrarian views. We like a variety of opinion.

But then you find – as I did – that the people you are inviting in to give their contrarian views are always saying the same bloody thing. You can actually mouth the paragraphs. Here it comes again … just as if they were politicians rather than people considering science.

The people I put on the radio [now] have just written papers, they have published considered books. In other words, you are doing what you hope is serving the public by getting fresh ideas out to them to consider. But the people you are describing – those deniers – I have not noted saying anything new in bloody years.

Here it comes again. Favourite phrases are ... CO2 is a colourless harmless gas ... it’s good for growing plants ... and on and on it goes. It’s shameless.

If on the other hand we had really solid science that made you think twice about the standard climate concerns then on [to the radio] it goes, as it does.

But it just so happens that a lot of the science, like evolutionary theory, coheres from a zillion points of view because it’s good science that’s describing what is really there. So you will not get stuff that’s off with the pixies or where green turns into red.

When I see them going on again I think, how can people take it seriously?''
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet-oz/2015/nov/09/why-legendary-science-broadcaster-robyn-williams-wont-broadcast-shameless-climate-science-deniers-any-more

FriendofaFriend

• Not So Novice
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »

Here is an interesting talk given by the Noble Laureate

NOBEL he might be, but NOBLE he is not.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.