ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Registered Members:-
If you are having difficulty logging in, contact Administration    ozopenletter-1@hotmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbo Your PC  (Read 1620 times)

Icyfroth

• Mentat
Turbo Your PC
« on: September 22, 2015, 02:55:33 PM »

Is this fair dinkum?

#1 Reason Not To Buy A New Computer

Do you have a slow Computer? Do Not buy a new PC or call a PC repair company. One simple tip is saving people Across the globe Thousands Of  dollars

Your computer is not made to last long that’s a fact. Most people do not like to hear this but the reality is, PC retailers and software companies need a reason for users to keep buying upgrades otherwise they simply won’t make money.

But now that the secret is revealed, an elite team of Microsoft Gold Certified developers have created a better solution for the average user. It’s a new software that operates using a high performance algorithm to scan your windows PC or laptop. It then identifies and clears out unnecessary files that cause slow performance, all at a touch of a button. Literally anyone can use it and only takes 5 minutes to work.

Many people feel ripped off by not knowing this 1 simple trick…

Many users are even saying that their computer is running faster than the day it was new immediately after using the tool. As one person said “it’s like a Turbo Charge for your computer”.

The people responsible for this want to get it into as many homes as possible, so as part of their strategy they’re giving away their analysis tool for free.  Until  September 23, 2015  you can grab a free copy by clicking here (if it’s still available).

Technical Director John Haines says “Our launch strategy is pretty simple. Give the basic product away to as many users as possible. Once they use it, and see the results – the product will sell itself. They’ll tell their friends, they’ll continue to use it and we’ll see a viral growth effect”

Entire Article Here: http://www.supertechconsult.com/1025/?chash=55dd9e82d702f
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
Re: Turbo Your PC
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »

The simple answer is .................. it is an overrated advertising ploy I will actually download it and see what it does but by the look of the menu screenshot it is just a software tweeking tool
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »

Here are the terms and conditions they are convoluted but basically say that by using the software we have you by the balls or tits, as the case may be, and you get the privilege of paying for the vicelike grasp.

1: TurboYourPC Terms and Conditions

TurboYourPC Terms and Conditions
Terms of Service
This is the TurboYourPC Website Terms of Service as related to the purchase of TurboYourPC products or services and applies to www.TurboYourPC.com. When using the Website and services (the "Website"), you agree to the terms and conditions listed on this page (the "Terms of Service"). If you do not agree to these Terms of Service then do not utilize the Website or Download any applications from the Website (www.TurboYourPC.com ).
By using www.TurboYourPC.com, you agree to be legally bound and to abide by these Terms of Service, as if you had signed this agreement. Failure to comply with these Terms of Service at any time could result in TurboYourPC terminating your access to the Website. TurboYourPC may discontinue or alter any aspect of the Website, including, but not limited to, (i) restricting the time the Website are available, (ii) restricting or terminating any user's right to use the Website, at TurboYourPC's sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, and (iii) restricting the amount of use permitted.
Payment and Services
Minor releases of the Software are free. Subsequent upgrades and software releases are provided through subscribing to the TurboYourPC software plan. All purchasers of TurboYourPC Software are automatically subscribed to the plan and the original credit/debit card will be charged automatically (or funds withdrawn via electronic transfer from a checking/bank account – depending on what payment method is being used). Subsequent payments are billed on or about the anniversary date for the appropriate year. The duration of the subscription plan shall be for a twelve or twenty four (12, 24) month period beginning from the date the Software was originally purchased. If the subscription is not cancelled, it will be automatically renewed for successive periods of one (1) year, unless either party provides notice of its intention not to renew prior to the Plan's renewal date. TurboYourPC may at any time (without prejudice to its other rights or remedies) terminate the Plan in whole or in part upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to the Purchaser or in the event of the breach of this Agreement by the Purchaser, unless the Purchaser remedies such breach within the fore mentioned thirty (30) day period.
In some cases TurboYourPC may extend a Payment Plan to its customers for software or services. Customers who elect Payment Plans are contractually obliged to make subsequent payments of the plan. Customers who have elected to use such a Payment Plan or who have selected to pay a monthly subscription will make their first payment when software or services is originally purchased. Subsequent payments of the plan will be made one (1) year from the date of the original payment and will be made every year thereafter until the balance of the agreement has been paid. Subsequent payments will be automatically charged to the valid credit/debit card provided (or withdrawal of funds via electronic transfer from your checking/bank account – depending on what payment method you are using) unless other payment methods have been arranged with TurboYourPC staff, such as an alternate credit card. Subscriptions can be cancelled by contacting support@TurboYourPC.com at any time.
Plan renewal fees may increase or decrease at the discretion of TurboYourPC. Customers will be notified by email, to the email address on record that has previously been provided by the customer. This notification will be prior to the Plan renewal date and note the renewal amount.
Privacy Policy
The TurboYourPC Privacy Policy describes how we manage personal information collected when you use our Website.
License to the site
TurboYourPC permits you to a non-transferable, non-exclusive and limited right to access, use and display the website and materials for your personal use only. This is under the condition that you wholly comply with these Terms of Services. You are not permitted to interfere with the operation of the website in any way through any means or device including, but not limited to; hacking, spamming, uploading computer viruses or time bombs, and any other means expressly prohibited by any provision of these Terms of Services.
Content and Materials
By visiting www.TurboYourPC.com you acknowledge that the Website contains information, software, sounds, images, photos, videos, text or other material (collectively, "Content") that are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. All Content is copyrighted as a collective work under the U.S. copyright laws, and TurboYourPC owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. The TurboYourPC name and logo are trademarks of TurboYourPC Corporation. All other trademarks appearing on the Website are trademarks of their respective owners. In addition TurboYourPC's partners may have additional proprietary rights in the content that they make available through the Website. You may not publish, transmit, modify, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the Content in whole or in part. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose, including use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is strictly prohibited. In the software is downloaded the software provided by TurboYourPC, the software, including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software") are licensed to you by TurboYourPC pursuant to a license agreement (EULA) governing the Software. TurboYourPC does not transfer title of the Software to you. You may not decompile, disassemble, redistribute, reverse engineer, sell or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-readable form.
Software
In some instances TurboYourPC may make available to users certain software that may be downloaded from this website. In the event you download this software, the software, including any files, images and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software") are licensed to you by TurboYourPC. TurboYourPC does not transfer title of the Software to you. You own the medium on which the Software is recorded, but TurboYourPC retains full and complete title of the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein. You may not disassemble, redistribute, decompile, sell, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-readable form.
Communication and Submissions
If you submit content suggestions to our website or send us creative or technology suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, or other information (collectively, the "Submissions"), such Submissions or Communication shall be deemed and shall remain the property of TurboYourPC. No Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of TurboYourPC and TurboYourPC shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, TurboYourPC shall exclusively own all rights to the Submissions and will have unrestricted use of the submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
Disclaimers of Warranties
The website is provided 'as is' and you accept that you use it at your sole risk. TurboYourPC expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary rights. TurboYourPC and the protected parties make no warranty that the website or any software distributed from there will meet your requirements/expectations or that it will be error free, uninterrupted, timely or secure. In addition, TurboYourPC and protected parties make no warranty that the results obtained from the use of the website will be reliable or accurate, or that the quality of any products, information, services or material obtained through the website will meet your requirements/expectations.
Any material downloaded or obtained through the use of the website is done so entirely at your sole risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer, system or any loss of data that results from any such material. TurboYourPC and the protected parties make no guarantees as to the website and information located worldwide throughout the internet which you may access as a result of the use of the software, including the accuracy, quality, content, currency of any such sites and information. TurboYourPC cannot guarantee that you will not find and objectionable content whilst using the Website.
Please note that no advice or information obtained by you from TurboYourPC personnel via phone, email or through the website shall create any warranty not provided for in this Terms of Service.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
Limitation of Liability
You fully understand and agree that TurboYourPC and protected parties (parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees agents and assigns) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the protected parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the website; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on the website; or (iv) any other issue relating to the website. Under no circumstances shall TurboYourPC and the protected parties’ total cumulative liability to you exceed the amount paid by you to TurboYourPC for products or services.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
Indemnification
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TurboYourPC and the protected parties from all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs including attorneys/lawyer/solicitors fees arising from your use of the website, product, services or any violation of these Terms of Service or infringement of any intellectual property by you or another user of your account. You agree to immediately notify TurboYourPC of any unauthorized use of your account or security breach known to you.
Modification and Termination
You agree that TurboYourPC, at its sole discretion may terminate your account (in part or whole) or use of the Website, and remove and discard any Content within the Website, for any reason, including but not limited to lack of use or if TurboYourPC believes that you have violated or breached these Terms of Service. Furthermore, you agree that TurboYourPC shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Website. We reserve the right to alter these Terms of Service at any time. Please periodically check for changes to these Terms of Service. Your continued use of TurboYourPC following the posting of changes to these Terms of Service will mean you accept any/all changes.
Resale/Exploitation
You understand and agree that under no circumstances may you copy, resell, manipulate, reproduce or exploit any part of the website, software or service for any commercial purpose.
Refunds
TurboYourPC offers a thirty (30) day money back guarantee if you are for any reason not satisfied with the purchase you have made from TurboYourPC.com. No refunds are available after the thirty (30) day period, contact support@TurboYourPC.com
Contact
You can contact TurboYourPC about any problems or questions with the Website, product or service at support@TurboYourPC.com.
Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. These terms and conditions and any modifications hereto constitute the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior understandings and agreements, whether written or oral, as to such subject matter (except for fraudulent misrepresentations). You agree that TurboYourPC has the right to assign or sub-contract any or all of its obligations under these terms and conditions. You shall not, without TurboYourPC's prior written consent, assign these terms and conditions.'
Effective Date: December, 2012
Copyright 2015 TurboYourPC Corporation, All Rights Reserved.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 05:08:49 PM »

I thought as much lol

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 08:40:14 PM »

It is even worse than I thought.
I downloaded and installed the software and ran it.

What it does is gets rid of  some temp files, empties the recycle bin, identifies some browser add-ons, looks for broken links in the registry.

When you download it and run it, before it attempts to fix the so called issues you must call a number and purchase an activation key at some unknown price.

I suspect that when a person calls they are evaluated to see if they are an easy mark and then they are given some payment figure

In my opinion it is a SCAM of the worst kind that preys on innocent people who do not know any better

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 09:14:12 PM »

It also hijacked the browser and rearranged file on the hard disk that Windows 7 had to rebuild.
Bastards !!!

janeababe

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 09:16:32 PM »

It also hijacked the browser and rearranged file on the hard disk that Windows 7 had to rebuild.
Bastards !!!

BASTARDS!!

that would be bloody annoying mate.....
Be Kind To Nurses.
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You!

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 09:57:06 PM »

OMG Did I unleash the Hounds of Hell?

janeababe

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 07:38:59 AM »

OMG Did I unleash the Hounds of Hell?

ICY....
you unleased.........................................

THE CRACKEN
Be Kind To Nurses.
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You!

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »

You know, Yahoo should be ashamed of themselves for letting scammers like that advertise on their news page, like it was news.
They even have a pic that shows a keyboard being washed. Like you can fix your slow computer by washing your keyboard!

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 08:24:57 PM »

Ahh............. that explains why my browser was hijacked and the homepage was switched to Yahoo.

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 04:30:39 PM »

Anytime yahoo gets in, up pop the ads, you can't get rid of them.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 04:32:21 PM »

What pop-up are you getting?

lightningdance

• Sage
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 02:42:41 PM »

If was a while ago but it was numerous ads all over the page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.