ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This site was born on 31 March 2011.  Reactivated on 23 September 2015 Hit Counter reset to 0  ~~With your help it will grow into something worthwhile.~~

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: FAKE !! Batteries sold on eBay  (Read 1729 times)

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
FAKE !! Batteries sold on eBay
« on: September 29, 2015, 07:22:03 PM »

The above is just a tiny representation of the FAKE batteries being sold on eBay

There are literally thousands of sellers on eBay selling these fake items with the aid of eBay

The scam is so blatant that it beggars belief.

With today's technology it is physically impossible to pack anymore capacity than 3,400mAh into a 18650 battery package using Lithium Ion chemistry

The absolute maximum capacity that the package will hold is 3400 mAh yet manufacturers and suppliers brand their product in most cases as having any fictitious figure between 4000 mAh and in some cases at 10,000 mAh capacity.

I have performed exhaustive tests on all the batteries pictured above
On an average the battries pictured above have an actual capacity between 800mAh and at tops 1,200 mAh.

Daily there are thousands of buyers being defrauded with the full knowledge of eBay

I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

rabbitearbandicoot

Re: FAKE !! Batteries sold on eBay
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »

Fakes? On eBay? Never!

Don't get me started on Fake Sterling Silver or we'll be here all night. I have reported HUNDREDS of fake Sterling Silver sellers. They don't give a damn as long as it's making them money in fees.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 07:29:52 PM »

Put them here Rabbo, that is the purpose of this thread :)
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

janeababe

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:30:47 PM »

what can be done Poddy....
reporting absolutely gets you nowhere on ebay....  over the years I have reported many listings all to no avail! Unbelievable piss-poor response from Ebay.

Oh, and Poddy....  FOR GOD SAKE, DONT GET RABBIT STARTED ABOUT FAKE STERLING SILVER !!!   ;D
Be Kind To Nurses.
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You!

rabbitearbandicoot

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 07:42:53 PM »

what can be done Poddy....
reporting absolutely gets you nowhere on ebay....  over the years I have reported many listings all to no avail! Unbelievable piss-poor response from Ebay.

Oh, and Poddy....  FOR GOD SAKE, DONT GET RABBIT STARTED ABOUT FAKE STERLING SILVER !!!   ;D

I also reported hundreds of sellers of FAKE 9ct Gold and 'Gemstone' rings. I have a spreadsheet of HUNDREDS of sellers (mostly from China who pretended to be in Australia). They worked in teams of 3 or 4. Listed and sold as many items as they could in the time frame allowed - then once the Red Feedback started to come in, they abandoned those Ids and started new ones.
Exactly the same artwork, style of listing, language - exactly the same items. Blind Paddy could see what was happening but ask me if eBay with their 'foolproof' checking could find any of them. Ask me if they did anything about the new ones when I reported them. Go on! Ask me! Ask me!

Hey Poddy, do you want me to put up my spreadsheet? Of course I haven't done any more for about 12 months and I suppose they are still at it.

Now, about that FAKE Sterling Silver ........... janababe, do you remember the Sterling Silver threads?

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 07:46:07 PM »

Hotlips, the whole reason for this category is to let buyers know what is fake, eBay wont do anything but here we will have a worldwide audience and that may achieve something. even if it saves a few from getting burned :)

janeababe

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »

....no... I only went into threads that interest me.... 

I do the same here  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Way back when I was selling (years and years ago now)  I listed a super Nintendo console.

It had a bid on it (back then, I didn't know what it was worth, listed it at $10 with one bid before it was removed by ebay)...
Anyway, ebay removed it claiming that it could be used for  making fake Nintendo games!!!  I'm like WTF...

No amount of explaining got it reinstated, so I sold it to the one bidder offline...  He promptly turned around and listed it on ebay for $80, and it went into a bidding war....  he got about $150!

I have often wondered if it was HIM who reported me, then offered to buy if off ebay!!!   Sneaky little so & so....

:o

Be Kind To Nurses.

janeababe

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 07:52:25 PM »

Hotlips, the whole reason for this category is to let buyers know what is fake, eBay wont do anything but here we will have a worldwide audience and that may achieve something. even if it saves a few from getting burned :)

so are you going to start a new thread for every fake item sold on ebay?
Or will you just keep listing them under the title of fake batteries?

I really don't see what the point of this is..... 
Are we becoming predominately an  ebay gripe board now??

Be Kind To Nurses.

rabbitearbandicoot

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 07:56:44 PM »

"so I sold it to the one bidder offline."

Um! Argh! I'm telling! I'm telling!

janeababe

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 07:59:19 PM »

"so I sold it to the one bidder offline."

Um! Argh! I'm telling! I'm telling!

yeah I know....  mind you, I'm going back about 10yrs ago now....

LOL
Be Kind To Nurses.

rabbitearbandicoot

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 08:01:54 PM »

"yeah I know....  mind you, I'm going back about 10yrs ago now.... :

Hey Poddy, what's the statute of limitations say about selling outside eBay? ::)

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 08:07:18 PM »

Probable 7 years

But if you can prove what you say is true than it is not defamation or libel I would imagine.

janeababe

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 08:08:13 PM »

...........  LOL ...............
Be Kind To Nurses.

rabbitearbandicoot

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 08:10:37 PM »

Janeababe ! Now look what you've done! Poddy's been and gone and done it - created ANOTHER Fake thread. I just went into that one by mistake and nearly had a heart attack! I thought all the posts back and forth were a figment of my imagination. I went and took a whole swag of pills.... and it's all your fault.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »

If anyone has fake or spam stuff the want to put into one post then it can me pinned so that it stays there and Google indexes it for the world to see
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.