ozopenletter.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Registered Members:-
If you are having difficulty logging in, contact Administration    ozopenletter-1@hotmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LUNAR EFFECT  (Read 2303 times)

Kim

• Sage
Re: LUNAR EFFECT
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 04:10:22 PM »

Takes note of that ;) :D

chickaboom

• Veteran
  • Troll Hunter
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 04:13:16 PM »

Do you mean like tinkering
Or heavering Joz

sam

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 04:18:48 PM »

Sam is correct.
Scientific evidence has proven that
Schizophrenics are effected by the full moon

Name, date of studies please.

Are you fkn kidding me?  lol

no she takes board life quite seriously

i must say im more active at night on a full moon  >:D

lol OK. 

Lunacy revisited. The influence of the moon on mental health and quality of life.
University of Liverpol, Health and Community Care Research Unit, United Kingdom.
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv. 2000 May;38(5):28-35.

The idea that the stars and planets may influence human health and behavior can be traced to at least Roman times, and research suggests a high proportion of health professionals continue to hold this belief. Nevertheless, evidence for the supposed influence of the moon on human behavior has proved particularly elusive, and research has tended to suffer from weaknesses in methodology and data analysis. This article reports findings drawn from a re-analysis of data from a research study into the functioning of a sample of mentally ill people living in the community. The mental health and quality of life of a sample of 100 people were assessed on four occasions during a 30-month period. Data were aggregated to represent the span of one lunar month, with scores being allocated to the relevant week of the lunar cycle during which each assessment was made. Comparison of mean values across the weeks of the lunar cycle was preformed using the ANOVA, Results showed significant change at the time of the full moon only in subjects with a diagnosis of schizophrenia (n = 56), where deterioration was observed in three areas of psychopathology and one area of quality of life. Some implications for nursing practice are discussed, and it is suggested that future research into the possibility of a lunar effect on human life should focus on the direct measurement of functioning in people with schizophrenia.

joz

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »

Do you mean like tinkering
Or heavering Joz

there's something about a full moon i like that hits the soul, i feel more alive 

chickaboom

• Veteran
  • Troll Hunter
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 05:01:53 PM »

Yes it is inspiring.
Quite awesome if you just sit and watch on
A moonlit night.
Same effect as a campfire

Icyfroth

• Mentat
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 05:07:04 PM »

In the old days it was thought the moon drives ppl crazy, hence the term lunatic.
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

chickaboom

• Veteran
  • Troll Hunter
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 05:14:48 PM »

Yes well they've been proven wrong.
It's actually the internet.lol

Gossamer

• Very Active
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 05:48:18 PM »

Sam, your shirt looks brighter in the moonlight than Dr Karls at this point. 8)

Laxadanto

• Very Active
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 07:15:15 PM »

The belief that the lunar cycle influences the frequency and severity of emergency psychiatric presentations is clearly widespread. However, few studies conducted to date have found consistent evidence in support of a lunar effect [1–3, 5–13]. The bulk of lunar research has found no relationship between lunar activity and ED psychiatric presentations [5–10]. These findings suggest that psychiatric ED presentations are not influenced by the phases of the lunar cycle.
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/2014/398791/

One study did show significant change at the time of the full moon only in subjects with a diagnosis of schizophrenia (n = 56), where deterioration was observed in three areas of psychopathology and one area of quality of life.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10820695

It was a small study, however,  comprising only 100 subjects not all of whom were schizophrenic and as far as I can tell no follow-up work has been done on it.

Poddy

• Sage
  • *Admin, Mod, Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2016, 07:31:22 PM »

there's something about a full moon i like that hits the soul, i feel more alive

There may be some wolf DNA in you Joz
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Frownland

• Sage
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2016, 07:34:45 PM »

i know what he means , it becomes less frequent with age though.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 24 queries.